OUR VALUES ...
Ranch Foods Direct is dedicated to principles, making our world a better place by offering products imbued with values. The tag line on the Ranch Foods Direct (RFD) logo is “Good Food That’s Good For You” because the RFD Mission is to build community around local food, promoting a ...
- Strong local economy, sourcing products here and returning as much income as possible to producers in southeastern Colorado.
- Good nutrition, purveying products that are fresh, not highly processed or contain chemicals.
- Valued workforce, paying living wages with good working conditions.
- Environmental sustainability, with good stewardship on the land.
- Animal welfare, with humane treatment.
RFD values are displayed prominently on the wall in the store
Our Pledge, Our Purpose
- We believe food should be good — and good for you.
- We believe food is a sacred gift.
- We believe our health and well-being is best served with whole foods, minimally processed, free of chemicals and artificial preservatives.
- We believe quantity should not come at the expense of quality.
- We believe food, animals and the land should be managed using sustainable, humane practices that promote the long-term health of rural families and communities.
- We believe food should be produced as close to our tables as possible by people who love the soil and care for the land.
- We believe the people who produce our food should earn a just income.
Callicrate Cattle Company also aspires to standards as high as the quality of Ranch Foods beef and pork – simply the best in the Universe. The tag line on the Callicrate Beef and Pork logos “RESPONSIBLE*RESTORATIVE*REAL” is a commitment to operate in a way that supports specific product claims. Being
RESPONSIBLE requires acting as a good steward for the land, and a conscious caretaker for our livestock and our staff.
RESTORATIVE requires constant steps to assure that we regenerate the land and our community, returning as much value as these resources offer up to us.
REAL means that we are self-aware, careful to consider the effect of our decisions before we act.
Callicrate beef and pork come from our own ranch, grass fed and grain finished with no antibiotics and no GMOs. Harvested at the ranch to avoid trucking and stress, meat is fabricated in our Colorado Springs food hub – a unique facility that combines meat processing with produce distribution. We welcome visits to the ranch and to the food hub, for every visit offers an opportunity to recommit to our values.
Download our Callicrate Cattle Company Regenerative Process Document
Copyright © 2017 Callicrate Cattle Co. All rights reserved.
Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Other products and companies referred to herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holder.